Monday, January 7, 2013

Home Not-Quite-Finished Home

While it was a productive one (well, sort of... not too many things got knocked off the to-do list, but the most time-consuming one of them all is finished - thank you, baby Jesus!), I'm still not in my house. Getting closer, though. All that's left to do is finish the quarter-round in the kitchen/utility area, install the shower curtain rod (it's AWESOME, not only is it curved, it's a double rod, so you have somewhere to hang your towel), put up a toilet paper roll holder and a hand towel ring, clean the shit out of it, and bring my meager belongings over. The plan is to sleep there for the first time Friday night.

Is it lame to say I'm scared to move in? Because I am. Knowing I don't have back up in my folks (who I can wake up as a last resort since I'm living with them STILL because my house STILL isn't done, which I guess really doesn't matter since I'm afraid to move out - what a fucking quandary) is nerve-wracking, to say the least.

Quinn has been fighting sleep like a matador, and in essence, fighting me. I finally brought him to bed with me last night, knowing he'd be all over the place, but praying he'd conk out. Well, both happened, hallelujah, and I finally got him in his bed at 1130. Due to complete exhaustion and feeling like I'm going to throw up every 30 seconds, I'm at home today. And so is he. I wasn't going to unleash that demon on preschool. (You're welcome, Rachel.)

He's finally quieting down, so I'm going to see if he'll take an early nap, and I will too. After I make a list of all the shit I still need to buy for the house that I have no money for. But alas, I also have no money to travel to Tennessee to get all of my shit, nor do I want to - it's just stuff. However, stuff like a pizza cutter is necessary for survival in this house, so it's time to count the change in the couch cushions and stock up on ramen.

Shit's getting real, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment