Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Putting a price tag on your child is disgusting.

Child support. How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.

Well, none, because it's necessary.

Then why am I sitting here with a tear-stained face hating life? Because someone doesn't think we need to let the court decide child support. "It will just be easier if we come to a decision." Yeah, easier for YOU. And you almost had me talked into it. Almost.

How do you determine what is fair? I am the most non-confrontational person alive. He thinks $500/month is fair to take care of Quinn. I noted that $500 won't even cover my car payment - which is OUR car payment, dick - and he says "It's not about paying your car note." No shit? REAAAAAAAAAALLY?

If I didn't need his goddamned money to live, I wouldn't ask for a fucking dime.

And (oh, this is rich), he thinks he's going to come here in March and take Quinn for a week. HAHAHAHAHAA... fuck you, motherfucker. In your DREAMS will I let you take my son from me. And by the way, if you're wanting a pat on the back for finally wanting to be his father, well fuck you again.

What happens if Quinn's behaviors get to the point where I have to give up my job? Is your $500 going to keep a roof over his head and food in his belly and clothes on his back? While you're playing your fucking xbox and driving around in your convertible with your flavor of the week? FUCK YOU.

My God! What have I done that karma is tromping all over my ass!? And really, you can NEVER say you didn't leave Quinn. YOU DID. YOU LEFT HIM WHEN YOU LEFT ME. DON'T YOU DARE MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING HERO DAD OF THE YEAR YOU SON OF A BITCH.


3 comments:

  1. I'm just gonna say one thing about child support . . .

    Have someone who knows how to do it run the numbers. I can guarantee it will be ridiculously high, and then you can show him and be a nice person and accept less if you want, not through the courts. But tell him that if he doesn't pay, you are running to court and he will have to pay THAT MUCH. You can probably even do it yourself online if you know his income (gross).

    ReplyDelete
  2. $500 a month wouldn't even cover daycare in most places. Definitely have someone look at what he should pay before agreeing to anything.

    You're the hero here, Kelly. Quinn knows and loves you (obviously because you're his wonderful momma) because you're a constant in his life. Ex is not.

    You. Me. Sangria. Wine. Beer. Chocolate. Elastic pants. Yes. This must be done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,

    Found you from Jen's blog. Make sure they take into account childcare, sometimes they don't.

    Suggest that you ask for supervised visitation for your soon to be ex. Tell them that you want that until he shows Quinn's therapist that he can deal with Quinn's special needs.

    That is the way I kept my son safe from my disfunctional ex.

    My son is severely autistic, he is 15 now...if I can help please let me know.

    ReplyDelete