Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Strengthening the ol' faith.

Just when I think I have things figured out, it becomes more evident that I don't. Case in point - Husband wants a divorce. Yet, Husband continues to text and shit like he's down the road and our marriage didn't just go down the shitter. Whatever. I have more important things to think about rather than what's going on in his seemingly addled brain.

A positive to this whole mess is that I have been having quite lengthy conversations with the man upstairs. One of my resolutions this year is to strengthen my faith through Bible studies and getting back to church more frequently. With Quinn, it makes life a little difficult, as he can't sit through a service, but I'll figure something out.

I've spent too many years of my life being mad at God for "allowing" things to happen rather than give up the control and realize that He is the one who has written my plan. It's hard for me to let go and just be like water, adapting to life in that way, but it really is for the best. And putting it in His hands has been such a relief. Knowing and believing that He gave me this life because He knew I was strong enough to live it is a phenomenal feeling - someone definitely thinks I'm stronger than I do.

Now... if He would just allow Quinn to sleep more than five hours a night, I'd be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment